Christmas is right around the corner so I thought I would put together some geeky gift suggestions for the significant geek in your life! Sure, there are lots of shirts, hoodies, socks, underwear, and everything else geeky these days, but here are some that I thought were worth mentioning. Although I originally started out making a “girls” list and “boys” list, I realized that the “boy list” wasn’t really boy specific, so this became the “for both” list. Anyhow, read on to see my geeky christmas gifts list!
For the girls:
- Anything from BlackMilk Clothing- BlackMilk has been up and coming for a while with their cool liquid leggings and eye catching dresses and most of my geeky girl friends absolutely love these. Here are some of my favorites-
- Customized Geek Charm Bracelet – I love the idea of this, but it would be even better if there were more charms to select from. You could always use this as a starter bracelet and buy more cool charms on etsy or Michaels.
- Cute plushies! There are so many great hand made ones on Etsy. love and a sandwich makes these amazing little monster plushies. Or you can even find crochet Hobbes, chibi Wonder Woman, or Super Meat Boy!
- That geeky purse she’s always wanted – a Lego Star Wars bag? Or maybe a comic book purse?
- If you’re thinking of going the jewelry route, why not something more unique? This MATHEMATICAL necklace is pretty awesome and she would kick ass in this warrior ring. For more options, check out modcloth. They have a great selection of retro/vintage stuff!
- Geeky bathrobes – I have the Yoda one and it’s great for walking around the house with that cup of Dagobah coffee.
- Retro Duo SNES/NES players – portable version and regular version. Although I’ve heard mixed reviews on the portable one, I don’t care. I still think it’s super cool!
- Adventure Time Sweaters in Finn and Jake – Christmas is the perfect time for sweaters so why not get your Adventure Time fan one of these?
- Geeky pillows – Scrabble, anyone? Or Minecraft?
- Custom Art – with so many talented artists on Deviant Art and Etsy, it’s easy to find something he/she will like. You can even request a print of something you find on Deviant Art from that artist. Or maybe even consider getting a commissioned piece if you have enough time.
- That one collectible that your significant geek is looking for. Something vintage? Something limited edition? That thing that was only released that one time 10 years ago? Geeks love collecting stuff, so find that one thing they’re missing from their collection or that might add to it! It may take a while for that item to come up, but eBay is the way to go!
So that’s it. Anything big that I missed that would be on your list? Would love to hear your suggestions!