Do you ever just have one of those weeks where you’re just in a funk? My week started off with food poisoning for 2 days, followed by yet another 3 month cancer check up the next day (which was all clear in case you’re wondering). But I think it’s always after the check up where I usually feel a bit down. Mostly because A) I’m still dealing with side effects of the long term drug I’m on B) going to those appointments forces me to talk about those things with my doctor, which I hate (out of sight, out of mind, right?) and C) I just feel like I may never be back to my “normal” self again. I’ve heard that I should think of this as a “new body” and a “new life”, but sometimes I long for the days before my diagnosis. It’s definitely days like these where I really feel the need to put on something fun and cute and forget about my worries. Maybe this outfit is more telling of my mood than I thought – fun on the outside, but a little dark on the inside?
- Sweetheart Mesh Top (American Apparel, similar here and here)
- Velvet Zipper Skirt (Free People, buy here)
- Velvet Cat Ears Cloak (1138 Clothing, buy here)
- Jewelry: Large Moon Necklace (buy here), Skull Earrings, Stone Ring (Forever 21)
- Cat Tights (buy here or here)
- Strap Wedges (Nine West, similar here)