I wore my Warriors T-shirt to work yesterday (Go Warriors!) and someone said to me, “Wow! No Star Wars or comic shirt today?”. I was a bit surprised and thought, “Wow, do I really wear that much geeky stuff?” Don’t get me wrong – I definitely have a lot of geeky shirts, but I do wear non-geeky stuff too! Sometimes a girl needs a good blouse or dress, you know? Which also got me into thinking how unavailable “nice” geeky clothing is for women who do want more than just a T-shirt. Even with the growth of geeky clothing, it’s still pretty rare to find professional looking geeky pieces. Even though I am constantly trying to find new and creative ways to wear my fandom and get the most out of my geeky shirts, I still imagine the day where I can just walk into a department store and find something geeky and nice. Wouldn’t that be amazing? Well, Her Universe is easily on the right track. They recently came out with this super cute embroidered X-Wing cardigan that takes sweaters to a whole new level. I think one of the things that I at least look for in nicer geeky stuff is the subtlety of the fandom – something that a non-geeky person would still still think is stylish and cute, but would also make a fangirl like myself go nuts over. Ok, this cardigan may not be super subtle, but it’s definitely something I can excited about.
- X-Wing Cardigan (Her Universe, buy here)
- Dotted Peter Pan Collar Shirt (Marc by Marc Jacobs, cute options here )
- Grey Circle Skirt (1138 Clothing, buy here)
- Jewelry: Triangle Necklace (BCBGeneration, similar here), Link Bracelet (David Yurman), Crystal rose Ring (similar here)
- Peep Toe Sandals (Chie Mihara, similar here and here)