As I enjoy this time before my 4th and last chemo treatment next week, I’m faced with not only excitement, but also many worries and fears about my future. It may seem like things are finally “over”, but there’s still a laundry list of things I’ll need to deal with such as hormone treatments, residual side effects such as fatigue, and overall just trying to feel like myself again. I met with the doctor this week and went in thinking this would be an easy visit and that he would congratulate me on almost being done. Instead, I was asked a series of questions about the next steps in my treatment and left the office feeling more stressed than I needed to be.
It’s definitely days like this that make it hard for me think positively. I had a good cry on the car ride home and decided after that to do something about it. Blogging has really been therapeutic for me during this time, especially on days where I need major boost to my morale. Somehow just putting on a fun outfit, running some fabric through my sewing machine, playing videos games, or painting stormtrooper helmets gives me so much positive energy. So thank you for giving me this outlet to vent, express my creativity, and just feel normal again. People always comment that I seem so “strong” and “brave”, but really, I feel like there’s not much else you can do at this point besides pick your head up and just keep going.
- Trench Coat Vest (Nasty Gal, buy here) with Sleeveless Dark Side Tank (Junk Food Clothing, similar here)
- Cuffed Shorts (Forever 21, similar here)
- Jewelry: Cutout Necklace (Gorjana), Geometric Leather Bracelet (& Other Stories), Stone Bangle (Forever 21), Rhinestone Studs (Forever 21), Triangle Cutout Ring (Madewell)
- Lightning Suspender Tights (ASOS, similar here)
- Over the Knee Boots (Stuart Weitzman, style 5050, buy here)