“The owls are not what they seem”. If you’ve heard this line before, then you obviously know what I’m talking about. Yup, the ’90s cult TV show known as Twin Peaks. To sum it up, this show was all sorts of weird – in fact, the mystery of “Who Killed Laura Palmer?” is probably the most normal thing about the show. It’s really the creepy imagery, the backwards talking dwarf, the giant that appears in dreams, and the snappy slow music that made this show as great as it was. And yes, it’s back.
I’m not sure how you guys feel about reboots, but I’ve always been the type to say “Please, just let it be!!” I hate when reboots (or even some sequels) destroy my perception and sense of nostalgia for that fandom. They can absolutely be done right (The Force Awakens), but they can absolutely be done wrong (Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull). As for TV shows, I guess you get a mix of everything. The good (Battlestar Galactica, Gilmore Girls), the bad (Knight Rider) and some that I’m still unsure about (X-Files). Let’s hope when Twin Peaks returns next week, it is just as creepy as it was when it debuted and remember, the log lady knows all!
- Twin Peaks Tee (Hot Topic, buy here)
- Leather Biker Jacket (Zara, similar here and here)
- Button Up Denim Pencil Skirt (Forever 21, similar here)
- Jewelry: Sunburst Earrings, Aztec Bracelet (House of Harlow 1960)
- Accessories: Rockabilly Headband (DIY), Cat Eye Sunglasses (similar here)
- Converse Sneakers (buy here)